"Nuestra Señora de Monserrat" Parish
The church and organ history
Fratelli Serassi, 1868


The Organ

Santiago Poggi, called "El viejo" came from Italy during the second half of the nineteen century. He was part of the first dinasty of organ builders in Argentina. He promoted the purchase of 3 instruments from the famous House Serassi in Bergamo (Italy) which were identified as Opus 1, 2 and 3.
The organ in "Nuestra Señora de Monserrat" Church is one of these 3 instruments. Another one can be found in the church "Inmaculada Concepción". The third organ was destroyed during the revolution that took place in Buenos Aires in 1955 (It was placed in the "Convento de Santo Domingo").