Anglican church "All Saints"
This organ was originally bought for the Anglican Cathedral in Buenos Aires City. It was installed
there in 1864. Then the Cathedral purchased another instrument, a
that we can find there nowdays.
Quilmes - Buenos Aires province
The Organ History
Bryceson organ, year 1864
After dismounted the organ was stored in a yard in 1895. By then the Anglican Church "All Saints"
in Quilmes (about 20 km from Buenos Aires) was in the last phase of its construction. The
comission in charge of this new church decided the purchase of the Bryceson organ to the
Anglican Cathedral and the organ builder Walter Wainwright was designated to carry on the
installation of the instrument in the new place (1896).
Four months after that moment the organ was completely installed in the new Church. The
inauguration concert was played by the organist of St. John's Cathedral, Mr. Hiley.
Since then this instrument disposition was altered. Unfortunately, some stops like the
Mixture and Oboe of the Swell organ were lost.
Many other reformations were planned but fortunately they were not carried on.
The organ was found in bad status by the organ builder Enrique Godoy when he visited this
instrument a couple of years ago. He was in charge of the last restauration for this organ
finished in year 2000 to put it again in full service for the church musical activities.
A complete and detailed history of this instrument can be found in this organ's site built by
the organ builder Enrique Godoy. Please, visit the
Bryceson organ site.